background

Friday, March 23, 2012

Draw Something

Draw Something Free
How many of you have played the popular app Draw Something?  If not, you're missing out!  It's totally addicting and lots of fun!  It has gained popularity quick and my kids have been talking about it- alot.  So today, the students and I made our own version of Draw Something that can be played in the speech room.  I divided my dry erase board into equal sections and assigned a section to each student.  We discussed what speech target they would be working on.  When I said "Draw Something", they drew as many pictures as they could that contained their target sound.  When the timer went off (7 minutes later), the kids sat down.  As a group, we tried to guess the drawings.  If the drawing was guessed by the group AND it contained the correct target sound, a point was awarded to the artist.  The artist with the most points won! I had each artist name all of their pictures for maximum speech practice. 

I only used this game for students who were working on articulation at the conversation level.  There was lots of spontaneous speech production which allowed me to track the targets in conversation. 

Happy Friday : )

Talk it up!
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. That's a really great idea! I will try it! I recently found your blog and I'm excited to keep tabs on it. I'd love it if you checked mine out too - and we can continue sharing ideas with each other!
    http://www.speakingofkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete